Our key focus is to expand bilateral trade, investment and cultural exchange between Western Australia and Thailand. From 2020 to 2023, we plan to implement the following initiatives to support our key focus:
- Provide opportunities and events to establish and foster authentic relationships between members and stakeholders to increase business opportunities and cultural exchange between Western Australia and Thailand.
- Develop an online portal for members to access current and relevant information to enhance decision making and identify opportunities to strengthen economic and cultural ties between Western Australia and Thailand.
- Facilitate business introductions for ATBCWA members.
- Facilitate industry-speciﬁc integrated business and cultural capability exchanges between Western Australia and Thailand, to increase networking, cultural understanding and business opportunities.
- Facilitate a mentoring program to connect mentors and mentees in Western Australia and Thailand.
- Provide a ‘Business Fitness Test’ service for ATBCWA members to assess readiness to successfully engage, trade and invest in Western Australia or Thailand. This includes action planning to address identiﬁed opportunities.
- Provide cross-cultural business coaching to members.
- Provide blended learning cross-cultural training for members.
- Provide Thai-English translation services to members.
- Represent members’ views on signiﬁcant issues to appropriate and relevant stakeholders including federal, state, and territory governments in Australia and Thailand.
Advocacy and Collaboration
- Engage with all tiers of government to advocate for and support political, economic, commercial and cultural cooperation between Western Australia and Thailand.
- Complement and support the Western Australian Government’s focus on Asian engagement as outlined in Western Australia’s Asian Engagement Strategy 2019-2030: Our Future with Asia.
- Raise awareness within business communities of the beneﬁts of increasing bilateral trade, investment and cultural ties between Western Australia and Thailand.
- Foster collaborative partnerships between the ATBCWA, Chamber of Commerce and Industry WA and the Australian-Thai Chamber of Commerce in Thailand (AustCham) to beneﬁt all members.
- Cultivate networks and relationships with government agencies, businesses, organisations and communities who share strategic interests and support working collaboratively to increase and enhance economic and cultural ties between Western Australia and Thailand.
How Will We Measure Success
We will use the following indicators:
Connect With Us
Let us know how we can help you, and we will get in touch with you shortly.